Building & Zoning
Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Department provides land use and development-related services to the general public, landowners, developers, builders, and their consultants.
- Code of Ordinances
- Fairfield Forever Comprehensive Plan - 2020
- Strategic Plan - 2021
- Rural Housing Readiness Action Plan / Assessment
Building / Zoning / Demo Permit
Any additions, garages, decks, pergolas, porches, fences, accessory building, portable sheds, gazebos, etc., or any demolishing of the previously listed.
- Builder’s Checklist (PDF) - & view chapter 20 of City Code (PDF)
- Zoning Permit / Building Permit Application (PDF) (Fillable)
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- Urban Revitalization Plan (PDF) (Tax Abatement) - Application (PDF)
Fairfield City Council adopted a Housing Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Policy in December of 2014 with the anticipation to provide adequate and affordable housing and to also create additional housing for Fairfield residents.
- Housing TIF Objectives & Policies (PDF)
- Developer TIF Application (PDF)
- Green Building Scoresheet (PDF)
Planning & Zoning Commission
Responsibilities include recommendations to the city council regarding the comprehensive plan, annexations, zoning, site plans and subdivision development. The Commission meets once a month as needed, please see the deadline schedule for requests.
- Annexation Guidelines (PDF)
- Petition for Vacation (PDF)
- Petition for Voluntary Annexation (PDF)
- Petition to Rezone (PDF)
- Rezoning, Annexation, & Vacation Information (PDF)
Board of Adjustment
To appeal to the decision of the Zoning Administrator by requesting a special use permit, variance, exception, and/or interpretation to sections of the zoning ordinance. The Board of Adjustment also meets once a month as needed, please see the deadline schedule for requests.
All rental housing must be registered at City Hall
For fees, please contact City Hall.