City Forms & Info Sheets
General Permit Information
An overview of the kinds of permits available from the City as well as fees for applications, data, and maps
Form to address the City Council
Building / Zoning / Demo Permit
Any additions, garages, decks, pergolas, porches, fences, accessory building, solar panels/arrays, portable sheds, gazebos, etc., or any demolishing of the previously listed.
- Builder's Checklist (PDF) - and view chapter 20 of City Code (PDF)
- Demo Permit Application (PDF)
- Zoning Permit Application (PDF)
- Solar Panels / Arrays
- Tax Abatement Application (PDF) - View provisions (PDF)
Board of Adjustment
To appeal a decision of the Zoning Administrator by requesting a special use permit, variance, exception, and / or interpretation to sections of the zoning ordinance.
Bed & Breakfast, Boardinghouses, Rooming Houses & Short-Term Rentals
Lodging houses are permitted in R-2 and R-3 residential districts and B-1 General Business district (not on the main floor) when authorized by the Board of Adjustment.
Film / Photo / Video Shoot
An application must be applied for any Film / Photo / Video Shoot.
An occupational profession run by the occupant of the dwelling unit as a secondary use to the dwelling in which it is located.
Liquor & Beer License
Local Option Sales Tax
The City accepts Local Option Sales Tax Community Betterment Projects Applications from December 1st through January 13th.
Mobile Home Permit
Specific parameters in which a restaurant or café located in Fairfield’s Central Business District may serve food and alcoholic beverages outside of their establishment
Peddler, Solicitor & Transient Merchants
To sell goods in the City of Fairfield
- Peddlers, Solicitors & Transient Merchants Ordinance (PDF)
- Peddlers, Solicitors & Transient Merchants Permit Application (PDF)
Planning & Zoning Commission
- Planning & Zoning Commission Regulations (PDF)
- Petition to Rezone (PDF)
- Annexation Instructions (PDF)
- Petition for Voluntary Annexation (PDF)
- Petition for Vacation (PDF)
All rental housing must be registered at City Hall.
Excavation / Right-Of-Way Permit
To promote public safety, the City has established a permitting process and regulations for blocking streets/alleys, sidewalks, and other public property.
- Right-of-Way (ROW) FAQ’s
- Excavating on City Property Ordinance
- Insured & Bonded Contractors
- Excavation / Right-of-Way Permit Application
Tree / Shrub / Plants / Flowers
Certain regulations pertain to any planting made in the City Right-of-Way.
For fees, please contact City Hall.